The HTC Desire S has been launched today in Australia, becoming the second Android 2.3 Gingerbread smartphone to be available there (after the Google Nexus S).
For the moment, Australian customers can find the Desire S only at MobiCity, which sells it, unlocked, for 699 AUD (726 USD).
In case you want tot get the new Desire on contract, you should know that Telstra will launch it soon – although we’ve no idea how soon, and neither for how much.
Another new HTC smartphone that’s available at MobiCity Australia is the Incredible S. Unlike the Desire S, this comes with Android 2.2 Froyo (but it will be upgraded to Gingerbread sometime later this year).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Incredible S officially headed to Australia
- HTC Desire S and Wildfire S officially headed to Telstra Australia
- Samsung Galaxy Note launched in Australia by Optus, Vodafone. Telstra will have it next month
- HTC Desire, Desire HD, Desire Z, and Incredible S will get Android Gingerbread in Q2
- HTC Desire HD available at Vodafone Australia this Friday