Now that the NoDo update has been finally released to Windows Phone 7 users, Microsoft wants to make sure updates are rolling-out smoothly. And it looks like they are, since I haven’t seen any complaints from users.
However, just in case errors show up, Microsoft has released a so-called Windows Phone Support Tool, which “fixes problems that prevent your Windows Phone 7 from updating successfully.”
More exactly, the tool fixes the following two errors:
- 800705B4: The timer ran out on what we were trying to do
- 80180080: We couldn’t update your phone because your operating system might be corrupt
So, if you’ve encountered any of these errors while updating your WP7 smartphone, the Windows Phone Support Tool can help – it’s available for download here at Microsoft.
Via WP Central
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- US Cellular Samsung Mesmerize gets a bug fixing update
- Verizon’s Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 receives a minor software update
- Microsoft fixes Windows Phone 7.8 live tile issues in new version that’s rolling out now
- Rogers Samsung Galaxy S II LTE gets Ice Cream Sandwich too
- US Cellular LG Apex Android 2.2 Froyo update now available