The new Desire should be available to Indian customers sometime later this month, for 25,490 INR (the price is lower than the one of the Incredible S – 28,900 INR).
Running Android 2.3 (unlike the Incredible S, which still runs 2.2 Froyo), the HTC Desire S features a 3.7 inch WVGA multi-touch display, Sense UI, Wi-Fi, GPS, 5MP autofocus camera, 720p video recording, 768MB of RAM, and a 1GHz single-core processor.
Another new Android smartphone that’s headed to India is the Samsung Galaxy Pro, which comes with a 2.8 inch QVGA touchscreen display, full QWERTY keyboard, and Android 2.2 (probably upgradeable to Android 2.3).
The Galaxy Pro should be released in India in the second half of April. Flipkart lets you pre-order the handset for 12,290 INR ($278).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670 with Android 2.2 launched in India
- HTC Desire Z launching in India next week?
- HTC Desire X and dual SIM LG Optimus L5 launched in India
- Samsung Galaxy SL i9003 available in Germany; it’s also on pre-order in India
- Dual SIM HTC Desire V launched in India