Alltel has put out a press release today bragging about adding no less than four Android-powered smartphones to its lineup, yet two of those phones have already been available at Alltel for a while. Perhaps they thought that in such cases, the strength is in the numbers, who knows.
Now that we’ve gotten those out of the way, here’s the real news. The HTC Merge is finally available at Alltel. If you remember, pre-orders for this mythical (and oft-leaked) smartphone started on March 28.
Alltel has also added a somewhat surprising member to its Android family – the Motorola Milestone X, which is basically just a rebranded Droid X. Not a Droid X2, an original Droid X sans the Droid branding, that’s all.
One way or the other, more choice is always preferable, so it’s good to see even smaller carriers ramp up their smartphone offerings, hoping to attract as many customers as possible. And seeing Android prominently featured is no surprise at all – the big guys have been doing it for a while now.
Via Android Central
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- C Spire launches the Motorola Milestone X2, priced at $99.99 with contract
- Motorola Milestone 3 now available in Brazil, other South American countries by the end of September
- Motorola Milestone (Droid) officially launched in Europe. Gets multi-touch, loses free navigation
- Verizon Motorola Droid 2 Android Gingerbread update now rolling out, Milestone 2 will get it in Q4
- Brazil gets the Motorola Milestone too, multi-touch included