Last week a Verizon device launch roadmap leaked, bringing with it some information about when smartphones such as the Samsung Droid Charge, the HTC Droid Incredible 2, and the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play would finally hit Verizon store shelves.
However, that roadmap might have been wrong, seeing as how the Droid Charge was pegged for an April 7 release, which never happened. To feed your need for precise release dates for Verizon’s upcoming Android smartphones, another roadmap has leaked today. This one comes from Sears and has landed at Droid-Life. Despite Sears probably not being the first name you think of when choosing where to buy a phone from, apparently they’re set to launch some Verizon devices in the coming weeks.
The roadmap says that the Samsung Droid Charge will launch on April 14, the HTC Droid Incredible 2 on April 21, and Verizon’s version of the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play on April 28. That’s one new high-end Android handset each week starting next Thursday.
The previously leaked roadmap had the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play launching on April 14, and the Incredible 2 on April 28. And this coming Thursday we’re bound to find out which one of the roadmaps got things right, however, since it has already missed one launch, things aren’t looking good for last week’s. We’ll see though.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon HTC Droid Incredible 2 launch may happen on April 28 after all
- Samsung Droid Charge and HTC Droid Incredible 2 appear in Best Buy’s buyer’s guide for May
- Verizon Droid Incredible 2 promo materials leaked
- Verizon to launch Xperia Play, HTC Trophy, Droid Incredible 2 and Droid Charge in April
- LG Revolution, Motorola Droid X2 and HTC Trophy may be launched on May 12