If you’re in Canada, would like to get a high-end Android smartphone and don’t mind committing to long-term contracts with carriers in order to get the device for cheap, this is for you.
It’s only been a few days since the HTC Incredible S was officially launched in Canada, by both Bell and Virgin Mobile. Since then, the phone has been sold by both carriers for around the $100 mark, with a three-year contract that is.
Well now Virgin Mobile has decided that even that amount was too expensive, and so it has dropped the three-year price by $50. Therefore, if you choose Virgin Mobile as your carrier, the HTC Incredible S can now be yours for just $49.99. You do have to sign a three-year agreement, but if you’re fine with that, you are getting a very powerful handset for the price.
Quick specs reminder: the HTC Incredible S has a 4-inch capacitive touchscreen, a 1 GHz second generation single-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, an 8 MP rear camera with dual LED flash and 720p HD video recording, a 1.3 MP front-facing camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, 3G, and it runs Android 2.2 Froyo at the moment, with an update to Android 2.3 Gingerbread being promised to come at some point in the future.
If that sounds interesting enough, head on over to Virgin Mobile and order yours.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Incredible S now available in Canada from Bell and Virgin
- HTC Incredible S will be available from Bell in Canada on April 4
- Verizon HTC Droid Incredible 2 officially announced, will be available on April 28 for $199.99
- HTC One V to be launched by Virgin Mobile USA this month
- Verizon HTC Droid Incredible 2 now just $0.01 at Amazon