We’ve already known for a while that the HTC Wildfire S was headed to UK mobile network operators Vodafone, Orange, and Three, at some point. Yet the most affordable entry in HTC’s 2011 smartphone lineup was bound to be sold by independent third-party electronics retailers as well.
And indeed it will be. Play.com, one of the best known UK online retailers, has the little HTC device up for pre-order right now. The asking price is £229.99. For that amount of dough, you get a SIM-free, unlocked smartphone that can be used on any network of your choosing. Furthermore, Play.com even throws in free delivery as a bonus.
Play.com will start shipping the HTC Wildfire S devices to customers who’ve pre-ordered them on May 13. Sure, that’s still more than a month away, but if you want to be sure you’ll be among the first to receive a Wildfire S in the UK, then head on over to Play.com and pre-order yours now.
The HTC Wildfire S is, as its name clearly implies, the sequel to the popular HTC Wildfire, and rectifies that phone’s one severe flaw – the screen resolution. The HTC Wildfire S has a 600 MHz processor, 512 MB of ROM, 512 MB of RAM, a 3.2-inch 320×480 capacitive touchscreen, a 5 MP camera with autofocus, LED flash and video recording, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 3G, GPS, and a microSD card slot.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Wildfire available at Vodafone UK, despite delay rumors?
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Active pre-orders start in the UK for £229.99, shipping on September 9
- HTC Wildfire S live pictures and hands-on video at #MWC11
- Vodafone UK now taking pre-orders for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play and Xperia Arc
- CDMA HTC Wildfire S goes to the FCC on its way to US Cellular