The HTC Desire S is HTC’s smallest-screened high-end Android smartphone for 2011, and it has become available last week on Vodafone, Three, as well as all the other major UK mobile network operators. And while all of them will offer you the Desire S for free on a sufficiently expensive 24-month contract, if you’d like to purchase the Desire S in the UK without signing any long-term commitment to any operator, this is for you.
O2 UK will sell you a Desire S on Pay as you go for just £329.99, VAT included. That’s a pretty sweet deal for a high-end device that’s literally only been on the market for a few days. It’s not a usual occurrence for any HTC device to be this affordable this soon after release, but this is certainly good news if you’re after a Desire S.
The only downside to this offer is the fact that the device will be locked on O2′s network. However, Eurodroid reports that getting O2 to unlock it will probably only take sending them an email – they’ll send you an unlock code in reply. Still, this is something you need to consider as a drawback if you absolutely must use the Desire S you purchase from O2 on another network.
If you’re all set, this is the link that will take you to the Add to basket button for the HTC Desire S on Pay as you go from O2 UK.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Desire S now available in the UK SIM-free for £409.99
- HTC Desire C pre-orders start in the UK for £189.99, shipping on May 24
- UK: Samsung Galaxy S now just £219.90 on Pay as you go
- Three UK HTC Desire HD Android 2.3 Gingerbread update now rolling out
- Apple wants you to unlock your iPhone, iPad, or Mac using image identification