Samsung has officially announced that – just as we assumed last week – the Galaxy S II i9100 would be released in the UK in May. More exactly, the handset will be available to British customers starting the very first day of May.
According to Samsung, the new Galaxy will be available via all major networks and retailers in the UK.
In case you don’t know yet, the Galaxy S II is the world’s first smartphone to come with a Super AMOLED Plus display. It also has Android 2.3 Gingerbread, and lots of high-end features, including a dual-core 1.2GHz processor, and an 8MP camera with 1080p HD recording.
Unlocked, the S II should cost around £500 (the 16GB version).
Before hitting the UIK, the Samsung Galaxy S II will be released in South Korea by KT (on April 25).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Sensation launching next week in South Korea
- Unlocked HTC One can be bought in the US for $800
- Samsung Galaxy Apollo to bring more Android, more Super AMOLED to Europe
- Samsung Galaxy S II one step closer to a US launch, sign up page goes live
- AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II discounted at Amazon and Walmart