The same day it officially presented the new Symbian-based X7 and E6 smartphones, Nokia also unveiled that Ovi Store now serves “up to 5 million downloads per day.”
The news comes five months after Nokia announced that Ovi Store reached 3 million daily downloads. More than 40,000 apps are currently available in the store, and about 1,000 new ones are launched each week.
Reportedly, about 15% of the daily downloads in Ovi Store are made on Nokia’s four latest Symbian smartphones: N8, C6-01, C7, and E7.
Although it chose Windows Phone as its primary smartphone platform, Nokia still plans to sell about 150 million Symbian handsets, so there is certainly room for Ovi Store to grow. Plus, of course, let’s not forget that Ovi Store now includes apps for Series 40 devices (which will likely be around for many years to come).
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- 3 million downloads served by Nokia Ovi Store daily
- Samsung dethrones Nokia in featurephone sales (in Western Europe)
- Nokia offers Skype for Symbian via Ovi Store
- Nokia’s Ovi Store reaches 2.3 million downloads per day, 70 developers have 1 million plus downloads
- Refreshed Nokia Ovi Store to be launched in spring 2010