Today, in London, Nokia has officially announced two new Symbian smartphones, both of which were seen before in leaked photos, and even videos.
The new handsets come with Symbian Anna (aka PR2) – the latest version of Symbian, which features redesigned icons, faster browser, enhanced text input (including portrait QWERTY keyboard), and a new version of Ovi Maps.
The first smartphone is the Nokia X7. With a design that makes me think of a Transformers robot, the X7 is presented as Nokia’s “first 4-inch entertainment smartphone.”
The display of the X7 is a capacitive AMOLED one with 640 x 360 pixels, and is made out of Gorilla Glass.
Other features and specs:
- GSM/EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- WCDMA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- 3.5mm headset jack
- 8MP full focus (EDOF) camera
- 720p video recording
- On-demand Web TV
- 8GB MicroSD card included
- Two games (Galaxy on Fire HD and Asphalt 5 HD) preinstalled
- 1200 mAh battery
- 119.7 x 62.8 x 11.9 mm
- 146 grams
Nokia X7 will be available in two colors (dark steel and silver steel) later this quarter, for €380 ($548) before taxes and subsidies.
The Nokia E6 is a business-centric smartphone that comes to replace the E71 and E72 models. It has a full QWERTY keyboard and a 2.46 inch Gorilla Glass capacitive touchscreen (640 by 480 pixels).
Other features: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, A-GPS, 3.5mm headset jack, 8MP camera, 720p video recording, 8GB of internal memory, and a 1500 mAh battery.
Like the X7, the Nokia E6 will be released this quarter. It should cost €340. Nokia says that the handset will be released in North America, too, sometime in Q3.
Starting the coming months, Symbian Anna will be made available for owners of the Nokia N8, E7, C7 and C6-01. You can find out more about the new version of the OS here at Nokia.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia E6 now available in the UK, Nokia X7 in the US
- Nokia C6, C3 and E5 messaging phones announced (video)
- T-Mobile USA’s Nokia Astound (C7) to be launched on April 6?
- Nokia C7 starts shipping as the world’s second Symbian^3 smartphone (video)
- Nokia N8 shows up on Vodafone UK’s website