The exact launch date is not known at the moment, but AndroidOS.in reports that Samsung confirmed the smartphone’s availability starting next month.
The official price of the Galaxy S II for the Indian market is also not known, but it’s expected to be around 35,000 INR ($786) – relatively in line with the prices of other new Android Gingerbread smartphones, like the SE Xperia Play, and LG Optimus 2X.
Coming as Samsung’s thinnest Android smartphone ever, the Galaxy S II features a 4.3 inch WVGA Super AMOLED Plus display, TouchWiz UI 4.0, dual-core 1.2GHz processor, and an 8MP camera with 1080p video recording.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG Optimus 2X, SE Xperia Pro and Samsung Galaxy Q to be launched by Fido Canada
- Samsung Galaxy S II i9100 to ship next month in the UK, will be expensive
- Samsung Galaxy S II available in Australia (it’s expensive)
- LG Optimus Sol E730 with Ultra AMOLED screen and Android Gingerbread launched in India
- SE Xperia Play, HTC Desire S, Motorola Atrix and Samsung Galaxy Ace headed to T-Mobile UK