LG has already promised that its three high-end Optimus Android handsets would be upgraded to 2.3 Gingerbread later this year. It didn’t say when exactly, though – well, not until now.
As for the LG Optimus Black and LG Optimus 3D, we have no idea when they will get Gingerbread. Anyway, the handsets are not even out yet, so I assume LG will offer software upgrades for them only after upgrading the Optimus 2X. We’ll see.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG Optimus Black landing in Australia this month (via Optus, Vodafone)
- LG Optimus Net will have dual SIM, NFC and QWERTY (for North America) versions
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich for select LG Optimus phones coming starting Q2 2012
- LG Optimus 2X now on pre-order in Denmark, EUR 483 contract-free, ships on February 25
- LG Optimus Black Android 2.3 Gingerbread update finally on its way in Europe and India