Last time we heard about it, Verizon’s Motorola Droid Bionic was supposed to be launched sometime in May – at about the same time with the Motorola Droid X2, LG Revolution, and the Samsung Galaxy S II 4G.
Now we’re seeing reports according to which the Droid Bionic may have been delayed, or even canceled (I find this hard to believe, though).
While some Howard Forums members are hearing “that the Bionic is not going to make it to market”, there’s a post over at Android Central Forums which implies that, although the smartphone has “issues” (related to battery and performance), it is “well on track for the expected release date.”
Reportedly, in case the Droid Bionic isn’t going to be released, Verizon may replace it with the rumored Motorola Targa – which should also be a high-end LTE smartphone.
Now let’s hope Verizon will issue an official statement regarding the Droid Bionic soon.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid X2, Droid 3, and Targa appear in new photos
- Verizon Droid Charge may arrive on April 28, Motorola Droid Bionic’s fate still uncertain
- New Motorola Droid Bionic pictured?
- Verizon’s new Motorola Droid Bionic and LG Enlighten show up in photos
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Bionic “coming soon” at Best Buy, new design and all