Wondering when the Samsung Galaxy S II will make it to North America? Wonder no more, for it seems it will reach Canada before the United States. MobileSyrup got the information straight from Samsung VP Paul Brennan, who confirmed that the slim beast is headed to Canada, and its release will happen either in late Q2 or, more likely, early Q3. He also said that the Galaxy S II may make it to the market in Canada earlier than in the USA. Unfortunately, what’s still unknown is which carrier, or carriers, will launch it, and what the pricing will be.
So it looks like the Galaxy S II will become available in Canada either before June ends, or sometime in July, perhaps even early August (anything later than that couldn’t really be called ‘early’ Q3). Either way the back to school crowd will surely be able to pick one of these puppies up – to aid with studies, of course.
It will be interesting to see if Canada gets the Galaxy S II before the US. After all, a leak that surfaced at the end of last month claimed that a Verizon version of Samsung’s flagship Android smartphone would launch in May.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 pre-orders start in Canada, $499.99, shipping on July 22
- AT&T’s Samsung Galaxy S II will be available on October 2 for $199.99
- Samsung Galaxy R officially announced, release imminent
- Black Samsung Galaxy S III gets fondled out and about, T-Mobile says it won’t launch it
- Wi-Fi-only Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 launches in July in Canada, 3G version comes in August