Although throughout 2010 there have been quite a few rumors regarding a possible Walkman Android phone, Sony Ericsson has not yet announced the existence of such device.
It may do it really soon, though.
According to Semc Blog, SE’s first Walkman Android handset is called W15, and could resemble the Xperia X8.
The smartphone’s rumored features include a 3 inch HVGA touchscreen display, “dedicated music chip”, 3.2MP camera, and a 600MHz processor. Moreover, it’s said that the W15 will have a “specially developed touch interface”, and special Walkman applications.
There’s no word on what version of Android the W15 will run, but given SE’s recent history, I would be surprised if it’s not 2.3 Gingerbread.
The W15 could be released in late April, or in May. More details as we get them.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson music event scheduled for September 21
- Two new HTC Flyer tablets with Android 3.0 Honeycomb to be launched this summer
- Sprint and HTC hosting event on April 4, One X / Jet could be announced
- Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman launched in India
- Sony Ericsson Mix Walkman launched by Vodafone UK