Oh, the Motorola Droid X2… not launched yet, not even announced yet, but it keeps on leaking… Verizon and Motorola, you do know this is getting a bit silly, right?
Okay, so what we have today on the Droid X2 front is a video of it booting. The nice boot animation contains the words “DUAL CORE” as you can see from the screengrab below.
The video is of the exact same device that was photographed a week ago, according to Android Central. It’s safe to say that the same person sent them both this video and those pictures, so that kind of rules out the possibility that the device in the video is just a Droid X with modified boot animation.
The last time that the Droid X2 was confirmed to have a dual-core processor was when some benchmark results were leaked last week. And, let’s face it – the name wouldn’t make much sense if this wasn’t a dual-core device. Now what remains to be seen is the exact chip inside it – but according to the aforementioned benchmark leak, that’s going to be an Nvidia Tegra 2. And it would be logical, since that’s the same processor that Motorola has so far used in the Atrix 4G and the Xoom tablet.
To see the full video of the Droid X2 booting, go here.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon Motorola Droid X2 to have Tegra 2 processor and qHD screen, benchmark confirms
- Motorola won’t be announcing the Droid RAZR HD on Friday after all
- Verizon Motorola Droid X2 (Daytona) will have dual-core Tegra 2 processor, 960×540 touchscreen
- Motorola XT860 4G to be launched by Bell on August 9?
- New quad-core Sony V150 Android ICS tablet, and HTC Droid Incredible 4G detailed in benchmark tests