As expected, today T-Mobile USA launched the G2X, its first dual-core smartphone.
For now, the handset is available only online, but it will be in stores, too, starting April 20 (when the Samsung Sidekick 4G should also be launched).
T-Mobile offers the G2X for $199.99 with a new 2-yr agreement and after a $50 mail-in rebate.
If you want to pay less for the handset, you can try your luck at Let’s Talk, which takes pre-orders for only $149.99 (and will probably ship it after April 20).
The G2X is T-Mobile’s 4G version of the LG Optimus 2X. It runs Android 2.2 (upgradeable to Android 2.3) and features a 4 inch WVGA display, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, 1.3MP front-facing camera, 8MP rear camera, 1080p video recording, 8GB of on-board memory, and an Nvidia Tegra 2 chip.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG Optimus 2X launched in Australia, it’s not cheap
- LG Optimus 2X available now in India
- LG Optimus 2X P999 to be launched by Wind Canada really soon
- LG Optimus 2X will be free at Vodafone UK (on contract)
- LG Optimus Black launching in the UK next week