Until Verizon officially announces the launch dates of its upcoming Android smartphones, we have to keep on digging for leaked details, roadmaps, rumors and so on.
The latest rumor has it that the Samsung Droid Charge will be released by Verizon on April 28 – thus next week, at the same time with the HTC Droid Incredible 2 (this would be the first time Verizon intros two new Droids the same day).
As for the Motorola Droid Bionic, although it appears in the image below as arriving on May 12, it’s said that this is “an old launch date”, and we shouldn’t put our hopes in it. Even more, a post and some comments over at Droid-life suggest that Motorola and Verizon may want to launch the rumored Targa under the Bionic name. So the smartphone that is currently known as Bionic may have been cancelled, indeed.
Of course, the Bionic is still shown at Motorola’s official website as “coming soon”, so until it vanishes from there, it’s officially not cancelled.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola Droid Bionic seems to have issues, may be delayed, Motorola Targa could be to blame
- Verizon Droid Bionic disappears from Motorola’s website
- More evidence that Verizon’s Motorola Droid Bionic is coming on September 8
- New Motorola Droid Bionic pictured?
- Verizon Motorola Droid Bionic shown with September 8 release date and $299.99 price once again