There’s still no official word on when the iPhone 5 will be announced or released, but here are some new rumors regarding Apple’s upcoming smartphone.
According to “three people with direct knowledge of Apple’s supply chain” quoted by Reuters, the new iPhone will enter production in July / August – thus earlier than we’ve previously heard this would happen.
If the mentioned sources are to be believed, the iPhone 5 will be shipped starting September, so that’s the month when the device should also be available for purchase.
There have been lots of speculations on the features and design of Apple’s new iPhone. A faster (dual-core processor) will most likely be included, as well as a better camera (8MP). It remains to be seen if the handset’s display will be larger than the current one (3.5 inches) – if yes, the iPhone 5 may look like in the rendering above. If not, well, then I suppose we should get ready for an iPhone 4 lookalike.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- After iPhone 5S, Apple could launch an iPhone 6 with larger display (in June 2014)
- New iPhone 4S / 5 tipped for September launch (again)
- iPhone 5 coming in October, reportedly says AT&T exec
- iPhone 5 production might only start in September
- New iPhone 4S / 5 may have a curved glass display