European Samsung Galaxy S users were recently issued an update over the weekend that updated their OS to Android 2.3(Gingerbread). Google stopped sending out the update, claiming that there was not a specific issue with the build, but something had gone wrong and was identified after the release.
Vodafone stated that it was not their fault that the update was pulled and that Google had decided to pull it. Samsung and Vodafone are working hard to get this update out to users. Stay tune for more info on the status of the update.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant (Galaxy S) GPS-fixing OTA update on the way
- Sprint Samsung Epic 4G update pulled, T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant update info coming next week
- Verizon Motorola Droid 2 Global Android 2.3 Gingerbread update on its way again
- Sprint Samsung Epic 4G update finally gets pushed again
- Motorola Xoom Android 3.1 update starts rolling out in Europe in early August