The Android 2.2 Froyo update is finally about to hit the Samsung Fascinate, Verizon’s Galaxy S. Rejoice! Sure, almost five entire months have passed since Google has released Android 2.3 Gingerbread, but Verizon customers who own Fascinate smartphones should be happy either way – at least they’re getting a new OS version.
The update will start rolling out tomorrow, on April 21. Rather surprisingly, it will arrive over-the-air. That means that if you have a Fascinate, your device will at some point inform you that there’s an update. From there on, you just download it and let it install. If you want to force your device to check for the update, go to Settings > About phone > System updates and select Check New. Just remember that doing that today is pointless.
Also keep in mind that the update may see a staggered rollout, meaning that it may take a few days (or more) for it to reach your particular handset.
Alongside the usual Froyo goodies, such as support for Adobe Flash, the update also contains newer versions of Verizon apps, as well as improved GPS performance and many other bug fixes and performance enhancements. For the full list, check out the screengrab above or just go through the entire PDF by clicking here.
Full installation instructions are also available in a PDF here.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon Samsung Fascinate Android 2.3 Gingerbread update finally rolling out now
- Verizon LG Revolution Android 2.3 Gingerbread update on its way
- Sprint HTC Evo Shift 4G Android 2.3 Gingerbread update will be available on June 17
- Sprint Samsung Replenish Android 2.3 Gingerbread update now rolling out
- Verizon Samsung Fascinate gets minor update that improves calling