Verizon and Samsung have finally announced the price and launch date of the Samsung Droid Charge. As expected, the new Droid will be available starting April 28, for $299 (new 2-yr contract agreement required) – that’s $50 higher than the current price of the HTC Thunderbolt.
Just like the Thunderbolt, the Samsung Droid Charge is a 4G / LTE smartphone that runs Android 2.2 (upgradeable ton Android 2.3 Gingerbread).
The Charge also features a 4.3 inch WVGA Super AMOLED display, Swype virtual keyboard, Mobile Hotspot capability, Samsung Media Hub, 8MP rear camera, 1.3MP front-facing camera, and a 1GHz single-core processor.
If $299 is too much for you, Samsung and Verzon are giving you the chance to win a Droid Charge – here is all you need to know about how to win it.
April 28 is also the day when Verizon will launch the HTC Droid Incredible 2 – this isn’t an LTE smartphone, but that’s why it will cost only $199 on contract.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Droid Charge now only $99 at Amazon
- Verizon’s Samsung Droid Charge can be pre-ordered for $249 at Let’s Talk
- Verizon reduces Samsung Droid Charge to $199.99 on contract
- Verizon Samsung Droid Charge spotted on Walmart’s website
- Verizon’s LG Revolution officially launching tomorrow, $250 on contract