Last month, US Cellular officially announced that it would be selling the HTC Merge. Back then, the only release time frame the carrier committed to was “next month” – meaning this month, April. Now that we’re approaching the end of the month, we’re starting to receive new information about the Merge’s US Cellular debut.
And it looks like the carrier will barely make its initial target. According to a leaked screenshot of an internal document that Android Central got a hold of, the HTC Merge will become available from US Cellular on April 29. Let’s all take a moment and appreciate that it’s not April 30 – since that too could have technically been inside US Cellular’s self-declared release window, after all.
Anyway, the HTC Merge looks like it’s slowly going to reach store shelves, after months and months of speculation and leaks. Aside from US Cellular, it’s also on its way to Alltel. As for Verizon, the situation is still uncertain. But judging from the fact that press shots of the device sporting Big Red’s branding have leaked a couple of weeks ago, Verizon selling the HTC Merge seems more plausible than ever. As always, we’ll keep you posted.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon HTC Merge press shots leak
- US Cellular HTC Merge will be available on May 31 for $149.99, official press shots leak
- Cellular South will launch the HTC Merge next month, preloaded with Amazon Appstore
- HTC Merge appears on Verizon’s website
- Verizon may have cancelled the HTC Merge, Alltel could launch it