Wirefly has unveiled that Verizon’s new HTC Droid Incredible 2 would be released on April 28 (just as exected) – although Verizon has still not officially announced the smartphone.
Wirefly posted a video preview of the Incredible 2 on its official website comparing it to the original Droid Incredible, which is a bit smaller (because it has a 3.7 inch WVGA display, instead of a 4 inch WVGA one).
The retailer’s video confirms that the new Incredible is a global smartphone (it’s got a SIM card inside), and it doesn’t support Verizon’s LTE / 4G network.
For the moment, the Droid Incredible 2 can’t be found at Wirefly’s website, but it will be there starting later today – and customers will even be able to pre-order it.
The smartphone will be shipped on April 28, and should cost $199.99 with a new 2-yr contract agreement. It will run Android 2.2 Froyo, but an upgrade to Android 2.3 is likely scheduled for later this year.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon Droid Incredible available now, but not really – it’s already sold out online
- Verizon finally announces the HTC Droid Incredible. $199.99 starting April 29
- Verizon HTC Droid Incredible 2 now just $0.01 at Amazon
- Verizon Droid Incredible 2 promo materials leaked
- Verizon HTC Incredible now official as “Droid Incredible by HTC”. April 29 seems to be the launch date