Everyday it seems a new Android tablet is being announced, but this one is a bit different. The new ThinkPad that was just leaked brings something truly unique from the rest of the competition. The new tablet is running Android 3.0 rather than Windows 7, it will have a dual core Tegra 2 processor, IPS 1280 x 800 display, Capacitive pens for note taking, 55-inch thin, USB 2.0, Micro USB, and mini-HDMI ports as well as a full-sized SD card slot. The source also says a themed UI should be expected, along with other modifications that make this one tablet better.
The biggest feature this tablet will have, as you can see from the picture above, is the available full keyboard attachment. This means you could easily carry around this tablet, then get to your college class and switch over to using it in laptop mode. That alone makes this tablet the most feature packed laptop of them all.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Firefox 9.0 for Android launched, it’s optimized for tablets
- 3G webConnect USB Laptop Stick launched by T-Mobile USA
- Ubuntu for tablets announced with side-by-side multitasking. Developer Preview out on Thursday
- Microsoft wants to patent a tablet that can really transform into a laptop, or even desktop PC
- Android 5 Jelly Bean to get native Atrix like lapdock switching between mobile and desktop modes