Apparently the HTC Droid Incredible 2 isn’t the only smartphone that Verizon felt like announcing today, nor is it the only Android-powered device to get unveiled today and be released in just two days.
Joining it in Verizon’s lineup is the Casio G’zOne Commando (gotta love that branding!). This is clearly not your average, run of the mill Android smartphone, so let’s dive into its specs and see what makes it different than all the other Android devices out there.
The Casio G’zOne Commando has:
- Android 2.2 Froyo on board
- a 5-megapixel camera with autofocus, LED flash, and video capture
- 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, 3G mobile hotspot capability (up to five devices)
- stereo Bluetooth, GPS with VZ Navigator preinstalled
- high-security encryption for corporate email
- compliance with military standards 810G for immersion, rain, shock and dust resistance, vibration, salt, fog, humidity, solar radiation, altitude, low and high temperatures
- G’zGEAR software preinstalled, which allows the phone to operate in eight different modes – a compass that interacts with GPS to show nearby landmarks; a pedometer for distance measurements; adventure training software; trip memory for storing travel data; tide charts; a thermometer that can also access weather data from multiple locations; sun and moon rising and setting info; and GPS-aided information about star positions and constellations.
Because of its unique features, the Casio G’zOne Commando is, according to Verizon, primarily aimed at certain business environments, in fields such as construction, transportation, manufacturing, utilities and healthcare. Of course, neither Verizon nor Casio will mind if you purchase this device as an outdoor enthusiast.
The Casio G’zOne Commando will be available in Verizon stores and online on April 28. It will set you back $199.99 with a new two-year contract.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon Casio G’Zone Commando will be updated to Android Gingerbread soon
- Verizon announces the rugged Casio G’zOne Ravine 2, out on November 17 for $149.99
- Verizon’s Droid Incredible 2 will be cheaper than the Casio G’zOne Commando (off contract)
- Verizon announces the rugged Casio G’zOne Rock
- Verizon Casio G’Zone Commando Android 2.3 Gingerbread update now rolling out