After week after week of leak after leak, the HTC Droid Incredible 2 for Verizon has finally been officially announced by Big Red in the eleventh hour.
There isn’t much we haven’t already found out about this phone through the aforementioned leaks, but perhaps a recap is in order.
So here are the Droid Incredible 2′s main features:
- 4-inch Super LCD capacitive touchscreen
- second-generation single-core 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- it’s a ‘global ready’ smartphone (synonyms: ‘world phone’, ‘global roaming device’) – which means it has both a CDMA radio for operation on Verizon’s network, as well as a GSM/HSPA radio for operation outside the US
- 8-megapixel camera with dual LED flash and 720p HD video recording
- 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera
- integrated noise cancellation technology
- Wi-Fi, 3G, Bluetooth, GPS, Wi-Fi mobile hotspot (supports up to five simultaneously connected devices)
- runs Android 2.2 Froyo with HTC Sense
And just as was previously leaked, the release date for the Droid Incredible 2 is April 28 – in just two days. That’s when you’ll be able to walk into a Verizon store or go to its online shop and buy a Droid Incredible 2 for $199.99 with a new two-year contract.
Nothing new here, but it’s good to finally see this device properly acknowledged by Verizon and HTC, and also nice to see it launching so soon. If you’ve been (patiently or not) waiting for this smartphone, you’ll be happy to know that the wait is almost over.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE with Android 4.0 ICS officially introduced by Verizon
- Verizon HTC Droid Incredible 2 is a world phone
- Verizon Motorola Droid 2 Global specs revealed, including color options
- Verizon HTC Droid Incredible 2 launch may happen on April 28 after all
- Verizon HTC Droid Incredible shipments pushed back again