The latest Gingerbread update brings a few bug fixes, optimizations and one major feature that many people have been waiting for: Gtalk video chatting.
Google will be distributing the update within the next few weeks to the Nexus S. Other Gingerbread devices will be getting the update “soon.” Anyone with the update and with a Gtalk account will be able to video or voice chat with other users over a wireless connection, whether it be 3G, 4G, or WiFi.
Google has promised Nexus S users another surprise in the future, although they didn’t hint at what it might be. For now though, you can enjoy video chatting via Gtalk on your Nexus S.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Google Wallet update adds coupons, rewards, and more retail partners
- Adobe AIR 2.7 Update brings improved iOS speeds, allows Android users to install on SD card
- Samsung teases us with Nexus Prime in video
- Google Talk optimized for iPhone
- Android Market update now rolling out
« Samsung is a fastest growing smartphone maker in the world, 500% YoY, 16% QoQ growthMotorola Xoom LTE upgrade delayed too. Bionic and Xoom LTE will launch at the same time, as LTE issues are fixed »