While owners of the HTC Desire HD and HTC Incredible S should receive official Android 2.3 upgrades starting now, those who have the HTC Desire Z aren’t that lucky.
However, it won’t be long until the Desire Z gets a taste of Gingerbread, too.
According to EuroDroid, HTC UK has promised that Gingerbread for the Desire Z would come “before the end of June.” Most likely, this means not this month (May). Still, it’s better late than never, right?
Released in the fall of 2010 across Europe, the Desire Z is one of HTC’s latest QWERTY Android smartphones. Its US version, the T-Mobile G2, should also get Android 2.3 Gingerbread this quarter.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Desire may get Android 2.2 Froyo update on June 23d
- HTC Desire HD and Incredible S getting Android 2.3 Gingerbread now
- HTC Desire Z Android Gingerbread upgrade to be released by the end of the month
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread upgrade for Sony Ericsson Xperia 10 coming this summer
- HTC offering TomTom maps on the Desire HD and Desire Z (scraps Google Maps?)