As you may already know, a software update for the HTC Thunderbolt should have become available two days ago. However, for some unknown reasons, Verizon cancelled the update.
Now the HTC Thunderbolt support page shows off a vague “coming soon” message. In conclusion, if you own a Thunderbolt, you’ll have to wait a bit more until a new version of software for it is released.
Bear in mind that the software update will not bring you Android 2.3 (not for now anyway), but stability improvements, and enhancements regarding GPS, data connectivity, and messaging (SMS, MMS).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon HTC Thunderbolt software update now rolling out
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Bionic and 4G LTE Xoom get software updates
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Razr gets a software update
- Verizon rolls out software updates for Motorola Droid Razr and Razr Maxx
- Motorola Droid Bionic software update rolling out now