New Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini and Mini Pro announced: Android Gingerbread, “Facebook inside” included
Sony Ericsson has officially introduced not one, but two new Android smartphones, both successors to the Xperia X10 Mini and Xperia X10 Mini Pro. The new handsets are simply called Xperia Mini, and Xperia Mini Pro (not Mini Pro II, as previously believed).
The handsets run Android 2.3 Gingerbread (like the Xperia Arc, Xperia Neo, Xperia Play and Xperia Pro – SE’s other new devices announced this year) and have lots of features in common, including:
- 3 inch HVGA scratch-resistant Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine
- Wi-Fi, DLNA
- “Facebook inside Xperia” – a feature that “integrates social connections throughout the phone, by making Facebook immediately accessible from the most used areas of the phone such as the picture gallery, music player, phonebook and calendar”
- Office Suite
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- PlayNow, Track ID, xLOUD Experience
- 5MP autofocus camera
- 720p video recording
- 2GB memory card pre-installed
- 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- 1200 mAh removable battery
The main difference between Xperia Mini and Xperia Mini Pro is that the latter has a sliding QWERTY keyboard, and is a tad bigger and heavier (92 x 53 x 18 mm, 136 grams).
The new Xperia Minis will be released starting the third quarter of the year, in several color versions. SE didn’t announce the smartphone’s prices.
Via Press release