Just as we heard last month that it would, the Nokia C6 has become available at Fido in Canada. Mind you, this isn’t the Symbian^3-powered C6-01, no, it’s the slightly less exciting Symbian^1-based smartphone which has a full physical side-sliding QWERTY keyboard.
Fido is asking $275 for the phone without a contract, with prepaid service, or with a “monthly plan only, no agreement” arrangement. For those of you allergic to shelling out loads of cash at once, there’s also the option of getting a two-year agreement, in which case the Nokia C6 can be yours for $50.
This certainly isn’t for the smartphone-addicted (at least not in the North American definition of the term smartphone), but it may be a good fit for someone who previously had a featurephone. The C6 has got a 5-megapixel camera with VGA video recording, Wi-Fi, 3G, GPS, and a 3.2-inch touchscreen to complement that QWERTY keyboard. Heavy texters may also love this device, for that keyboard looks quite nice.
Anyway, if it’s for you, jump over to Fido and order yourself a Nokia C6 now.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia C6 will be sold in Canada by Fido for $275 sans contract
- Samsung Linx is a cheap QWERTY slider now available at Fido in Canada
- Canada: Samsung Galaxy Q officially launched by Fido
- Nokia C7 now available in Canada from Wind Mobile
- BlackBerry 9100, Nokia X3, SE Aspen and more coming to Fido Canda