Although we had previously thought that the Infuse would launch on May 12th according to a Costco coupon book, we have just found out via an AT&T press release that the phone will be officially available on May 15th for $199.99 on a new two year contract.
We initially saw this super cool phone back at CES in January, but the phone’s release went quiet for a while until now. The Samsung Infuse 4G has a 4.5-inch Super AMOLED Plus screen. The phone will run on Android 2.2 via a 1.2 GHz processor. The phone also features a 8-megapixel camera with 720p video recording, and a 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera.
Not only will the phone have all of these great features, it will also be the thinnest smartphone on the market at 8.99mm at its thinnest. My only concern is that the phone is coming pre-loaded with Android 2.2, rather than the most recent build of Gingerbread. Hopefully AT&T and Samsung will work quickly to issue a Gingerbread update to the phone after its release. Check out the full press release below for the rest of the details on the phone.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- AT&T Samsung Infuse 4G with 4.5 inch display and Android announced
- AT&T’s Samsung Infuse 4G costs only $149 at Amazon
- Samsung Infuse 4G passes the FCC, AT&T could launch it soon
- AT&T’s Samsung Infuse 4G to be launched on May 12?
- LG Connect 4G and Samsung Galaxy Attain 4G announced by MetroPCS