Although Telstra’s Samsung Galaxy S II i9100 hasn’t been officially announced, the new Android smartphone is available in Australia as of now.
MobiCity is offering the Galaxy S II unlocked for a steep price: 899 AUD (meaning about 961 USD). The retailer says the S II will be shipped early next week.
Launched in Europe earlier this week, the Samsung Galaxy S II runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread, and is one of the thinnest smartphones ever (8.5mm). It’s also one of the most feature-packed, coming with a dual-core 1.2GHz processor, 4.3 inch WVGA Super AMOLED Plus display, 1GB of RAM, NFC, 8MP autofocus camera, and 1080p video recording.
Samsung expects to sell at least 10 million Galaxy S II smartphones around the world (the company is launching it in more than 120 countries).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy S II Plus compared to Galaxy S III Mini
- Samsung Galaxy S will be launched in Canada, too
- Samsung Galaxy S2 and Galaxy Tab 2 revealed in Samsung’s MWC schedule
- Samsung Omnia W, Galaxy Y and Wave 3 announced in India
- HTC Sensation and Samsung Galaxy S II to be launched next month by Telstra