The iPad 2 was released in China earlier this morning and the guys over at M.I.C. Gadgets have reported that the popular Apple tablet sold out in less than 4 hours.
Even though there are a lot of KIRF( Keepin It Real Fake) iPads in the gadget markets of China, the iPad 2 still drew a very large crowd, which is shown in the picture below. There were plenty of scalpers along with hundreds of customers there as well as some security guards to make sure that there are no fights and that everyone stays in their respective spots. The security guards even put up a yellow sign that translated into message directed specifically to the scalpers:
“This district forbids scalpers to sell stuff to customers… Behind the yellow board, it’s a special zone for scalpers to gather around.”
The scalpers were reported to have sold iPads for a higher price of 200-400 Yuan, or about $30-$60 more. The iPad 2 has also sold out in less than a week in South Korea, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- The new iPad could land in China on July 27
- WiFi Apple iPad available in China on September 17th
- Apple reportedly ordered 65 to 70 million iPad 3 panels
- Apple: iPad Mini and iPad 4 sales reach 3 million units in the first week-end
- Smugglers use special bags to bring Apple’s new iPad to China