Last week, when RIM officially announced the new BlackBerry Bold 9900 (alongside the CDMA-friendly Bold 9930), the company said the new handset would be out sometime “in the summer.”
We still don’t have an exact launch date for the smartphone, but we’ve discovered that Expansys, one of the UK’s largest retailers, has added to 9900 to its official website.
Expansys wants us to believe it will be among the first to release the new Bold in the UK (where Vodafone and Three will have it, too). The retailer doesn’t say how much it will ask for the handset, but interested customers can register for more info here.
The BlackBerry 9900 is RIM’s first Bold to come with a touchscreen display (2.8 inch, 640 x 480 pixels). It also features the new BlackBerry 7 OS, NFC, dual-band Wi-Fi, A-GPS, 5MP camera, 720p video recording, 768MB of on-bard memory, and a 1.2GHz single-core processor. In the US, the 9900 will be released by T-Mobile.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon BlackBerry Bold 9930 available now
- AT&T’s Blackberry Bold 9900 to be launched “soon”
- BlackBerry Bold 9790 shows up at Orange UK
- T-Mobile will launch the new BlackBerry Bold 9900 as its first 4G RIM smartphone
- New BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 and 9930 with BlackBerry 7 OS announced