We heard an enticing rumor last week that the Droid X would be finally receiving Gingerbread on May 13th after being submitted to Verizon many times before. The update was originally supposed to come in April, but Verizon pulled the plug after they wanted to change a few things.
The latest rumor indicates that the Droid X could be receiving Gingerbread as early as this Friday, May 13th. The update will be issued via OTA download. Many Droid X users have already been running Gingerbread for weeks now through rooting their phones. This update will be a welcome change to those who aren’t comfortable with rooting their phones, but still want the most current OS and all of the features it has to offer.
The update will include features such as different user interface tweaks, one touch copy and paste, improved battery life and Voice Over IP. It will also bring a new media format support as well as multiple camera access. Although its only a rumor, Droid X users should be on the look out for a Gingerbread update on Friday.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola Droid Pro finally receiving Gingerbread update
- Verizon: Motorola Droid X Gingerbread upgrade will be out this Friday
- Samsung Droid Charge Android Gingerbread update arriving on November 29
- Here’s What Copy and Paste Will Be Like on Windows Phone 7
- Samsung Droid Charge to get another software update from Verizon