Expected to be released sometime in the second half of 2011, Windows Phone 7.5 Mango will come with lots of new features. We’ve already reported about Internet Explorer 9 and Silverlight run-time, and now we’re hearing further details on what to expect from the next version of WP.
According to Windows Phone Dev Podcast, WP7 Mango will have two new Bing features: Bing Audio, and Bing Vision.
Bing Audio will let you find new music by identifying unknown songs (pretty much like Shazam and Sony Ericsson’s TrackID), while Bing Vision should be a search service that allows you to use your phone’s camera to scan Microsoft Tags, barcodes, QR codes, CDs, DVDs, books and so on.
Another novelty that WP 7.5 will bring (well, it’s a novelty only for Windows Phone) is turn-by-turn navigation. Furthermore, there will be an SMS Dictation feature (yeah, speech-to-text).
Now let’s wait for Microsoft to confirm these new features.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Microsoft Tag Reader is the company’s first Android app
- Official Microsoft Bing app for Android in the making
- Microsoft Tag out of beta, available for free
- Google Shopper Android app lets you shop smarter
- Microsoft Windows Phone Mango officially announced, brings IE 9, Groups, Threads and more