Oh yes. Here’s another installment in the “phone manufacturers are slow to update their devices to the latest versions of Android” series. Granted, Android 2.3 Gingerbread doesn’t pack as many new and exciting features as its predecessor, Android 2.2 Froyo did, but still, it’s been five full months since it was unveiled, yet we only have a couple of devices on the market that run it or have been upgraded to it.
If you’re new to the Android world, that may seem, I don’t know, Microsofty. Yet it’s sadly the way things have been since the beginning of (Android) time. The T-Mobile G2 is going to be updated to Gingerbread before the end of this quarter, that much we already knew. That means before the end of June. Still, the end of June is almost two months off, so understandably G2 owners would like to see their handsets get the update sooner than that.
And they just might. A teaser flyer for the update’s benefits has leaked to TmoNews, and this can only mean one thing: the update is very, very close.
As you can see, the flyer only contains stuff we enthusiasts have known about for a long time, yet it’s probably going to be through this flyer that most of the average Joes sporting G2s will find out that there is an update available for their phone – whenever that happens.
Here’s hoping it’s going to be soon.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Flyer Android Honeycomb update finally rolls out starting today
- HTC Desire Android 2.3 Gingerbread update will hit Three UK in mid-May
- UK: HTC Flyer can be yours for £234.99
- Verizon Motorola Droid 2 Android Gingerbread update now rolling out, Milestone 2 will get it in Q4
- T-Mobile G2 Android 2.3 Gingerbread update OTA rollout starts today