The Wi-Fi-only version of the HTC Flyer, the Taiwanese manufacturer’s first foray into the Android tablet space, is now up for pre-order in the UK. Well-known online retailer Expansys lets you pre-order the tablet for £479.99.
We’ve seen the Flyer on pre-order in the UK before, in two separate occasions even, but both of those were pre-orders for the HSPA-enabled version of the tablet. The Wi-Fi-only version has popped up in Germany back in February, though, and here it is in the UK. Clearly this version will slowly start making its way to other European countries soon.
The European launch date for the Flyer was supposed to be May 9 – but that hasn’t happened. So at this point, it’s unclear when all these pre-orders will turn into actual shipping devices, though the day must certainly be near. Just a bit more patience is required.
Now whether £479.99 is even justified for a 7-inch tablet that doesn’t run Android 3.0 Honeycomb (not yet, at least) – that’s another story. If you think HTC’s Sense UI on top of Android 2.3 Gingerbread is worth it though, go to Expansys now and pre-order yours.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- UK: HTC Flyer now on pre-order at Carphone Warehouse for £599.99, ships in May
- HTC Flyer pre-orders start at Three UK, £169 with £30.99 per month contract, ships May 27
- Pre-Order your HTC Flyer on Monday from BestBuy
- T-Mobile HTC Flyer hits FCC
- Wi-Fi only HTC Flyer shows up in Germany, costs just 499 euro