The HTC Sensation, the Taiwanese manufacturer’s dual-core Android flagship for 2011, has just received a price in the UK. Well known online retailer Play.com now lets you pre-order the Sensation for £499.99. For that price you get a SIM-free smartphone that will be ready for use on any operator. Granted, the final price may end up being different, as sometimes happens with pre-orders. However, if the price remains the same even when the Sensation is in stock, then it will be one of the most expensive smartphones to have hit the UK in the past few years.
Those of you who are shocked at the price will of course have other options. Many operators are bound to pick the Sensation up and offer it subsidized, so you’ll probably be able to get the phone for free on some more expensive monthly contracts. It’s your choice after all.
If you’d rather have an unlocked, SIM-free Sensation, and if you need to be among the first to own one in the UK, then perhaps you should head on over to Play.com and pre-order yours. Shipping is set to start on June 30.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Sensation will be available on O2 and Orange in the UK on July 8
- UK: Vodafone’s exlclusivity of the HTC Sensation is about to end
- Samsung Galaxy Ace now free with £10.50 per month contract at O2 UK
- UK: HP Pre 3 now up for pre-order with Orange and T-Mobile contracts, free from £20.42 per month
- LG Optimus 3D and Sony Ericsson Xperia Play on pre-order in the UK