When launched back in October 2010, the original Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 came with Android 2.2 Froyo on board. Most of the Galaxy Tab units out there still run Froyo, but that won’t be for long.
According to this thread over at the Androidiani Forum (the largest Android community in Italy), Samsung has started rolling-out an update to Androdi 2.3.3 Gingerbread for its 7-inch tablet.
The update is made via KIES, and seems to be out only in Italy for the moment. Anyway, users in other countries should expect to get Gingerbread soon, too.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Android 4.0 ICS update for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500 and P7510 rolling out now?
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800 updated to Android Jelly Bean
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Android 2.3 Gingerbread update out “within the next couple of weeks” in the UK
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 Android Jelly Bean update started
- Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000 Android 2.2.1 update now rolling out