Here’s another mess regarding an Android update. HTC has officially announced the rolling out of Android 2.3 Gingerbread updates for the HTC Desire HD and the HTC Incredible S last week. However, those updates have not yet reached the UK.
Keep in mind that we’re talking about updates to phones which have been bought unlocked and sans carrier branding. Who knows when those devices that have been customized for various operators would get their updates. Actually, said operators probably know – after all, all the delays in updating branded phones are their fault.
Anyway, back to the point. Unlocked, unbranded, SIM-free bought HTC Desire HD and Incredible S smartphones will start receiving Gingerbread update notifications on May 16 in the UK. The rollout may take a few days, or even more, but as of now HTC is sure that May 16 will be the date when it all starts.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Orange UK HTC Desire HD Android 2.3 Gingerbread update may be already rolling out
- Three UK HTC Desire HD Android 2.3 Gingerbread update now rolling out
- HTC Desire Android 2.3 Gingerbread update will hit Three UK in mid-May
- UK: HTC Desire Android 2.3 Gingerbread update will be rolling out this month
- HTC Desire Android 2.3 Gingerbread update will arrive in the UK in April