Droid-life has a document which reads that the Merge should be available via 3rd party retailers starting May 12 (yes, that’s today). For the moment, though, I can’t find Verizon’s Merge anywhere online – maybe it will be added in the next few hours.
The Merge isn’t a high-end smartphone, but it features global roaming capabilities, full QWERTY keyboard, a 3.7 inch WVGA display, Wi-Fi, GPS, 5MP camera, 720p video recording, and Android 2.2 Froyo. I assume Verizon will sell it for $150 or less on contract.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon HTC Merge (Lexikon) video preview shows up
- Verizon HTC Merge detailed in Entrepreneur Magazine, launch date still a mystery
- New HTC Android Froyo QWERTY phone for Verizon (Merge? Lexikon?) in the wild
- HTC Merge pre-orders starting on March 28 at Alltel
- HTC Merge could be launched by Verizon soon