According to PC Word Australia, Telstra will host an event on May 25, when it should announce the launch dates of the two new handsets.
Sure enough, you can already buy the Desire S in Australia, but only unlocked, via Mobicity, for $499 (initially, the retailer sold the new Desire for $699). Telstra will likely offer both the Desire S and Wildfire S for $0 outright on contract.
Telstra should also launch the Samsung Galaxy S II in Australia soon, although we don’t know when exactly it plans to do it.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Desire S launched in Australia
- Samsung Galaxy S II, Motorola Xoom headed to Telstra Australia
- HTC Wildfire is Telstra’s first pre-paid Android phone
- HTC Wildfire S may be launched by Telstra on prepaid next month
- HTC Wildfire and SE X10 Mini Pro to bring more Android to Australia