The original Samsung Gravity Touch was nothing more than a cheap, unassuming featurephone, aimed at those who wanted a touchscreen device, but didn’t care about all the perks that come with a smartphone – such as apps, data contracts, higher prices, and so on.
However, its successor, which has leaked today, definitely is a smartphone. The Samsung Gravity Touch 2, which may end up being called that, GT2, Smart, or a combination of these names, is going to be launched by T-Mobile on June 8, according to TmoNews. That will make June 8 a day filled with T-Mobile smartphone launches – so far we’ve heard about the HTC Sensation 4G and the Samsung Exhibit 4G.
The GT2 is a midrange device though, sporting, as you can see from the image above, a 3.2″ touchscreen, a full physical side-sliding QWERTY keyboard (staying true to its predecessor’s form factor), a 3 MP camera with LED flash, and an 800 MHz processor. The GT2 will run Android 2.2 Froyo when it launches (no clues on possible updates yet, but I’d say the chances are slim).
Pay no attention to the price in the leaked image, since, as noted there, it’s a “dealer price”. We’ll surely find out something official from TMo about the pricing very soon, so stay tuned.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- T-Mobile Samsung Exhibit 4G and Gravity Smart will be available on June 22
- Photos: Samsung T669, T479 (Gravity 3) and T359 for T-Mobile USA
- T-Mobile Samsung Gravity TXT is a messaging phone now available for $9.99
- Canada: Samsung Gravity Touch makes its way to Videotron
- T-Mobile’s Samsung Exhibit 4G and Gravity Smart officially announced