While you’re waiting for O2 UK to finally launch the Xperia Play, you may want to know that the carrier is getting ready to introduce another new Android smartphone from Sony Ericsson, namely the Xperia Mini Pro.
Just like the Xperia Play, the Mini Pro runs the latest Android 2.3 Gingerbread. It’s not a high-end handset, though. However, it still comes with lots of features, including a 3 inch HVGA multi-touch display, sliding QWERTY keyboard, HSDPA, Wi-Fi, GPS, 3.5mm headset jack, 5MP autofocus camera, 720p video recording, and a 1GHz processor.
O2 should launch the Xperia Mini Pro sometime next month. No word yet on the smartphone’s price.
Before the Mini Pro hits the shelves, O2 will release a new entry-level featurephone: the Huawei G7010.
According to the phone’s coming soon webpage at O2, the G7010 runs Android 2.3. But it really doesn’t – someone in charge of the carrier’s website mixed up some things in there. The new Huawei handset should be out this month, coming with a 2.8 inch QVGA touchscreen display, Facebook and Twitter integration, Opera Mini, Bluetooth, 3.5mm headset jack, and a 1.3MP camera.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson SK17i (Xperia Mini Pro II) shows up again
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini and X10 Mini Pro to hit the UK on April 13
- SE Xperia X10 Mini Pro and BlackBerry Pearl 3G coming to T-Mobile UK
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play goes 4G on AT&T, available for $50 starting September 18
- T-Mobile Rapport with Android launched in the UK