Currently running Android 2.3, the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc (pictured below) and Xperia Play will receive a software upgrade starting next week.
According to Recombu, Sony Ericsson UK confirmed that the upgrade will bring Android 2.3.3 on the two smartphones, fixing some security issues.
The upgrade will also bring “Facebook inside Xperia”, the new feature announced at the same time with the Xperia Mini and Xperia Mini Pro, which provides a deeper Facebook integration on your handset.
For the moment, it’s not clear if Android 2.3.3 will hit the Xperia Play and Arc next week only in the UK, or in other countries, too. Anyway, the upgrade should be available everywhere eventually.
Speaking of which, if you’re interested in the Play on Verizon Wireless, you can check it out here on Amazon.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread upgrade for Sony Ericsson Xperia 10 coming this summer
- PlayStation certified Sony Ericsson Xperia Play gets official on Facebook
- SE plans to bring Android Ice Cream Sandwich to its 2011 Xperia lineup
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc may be released in the US this summer
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play headed to Rogers in Canada?