As you may already know by now, Microsoft is going to host an event tomorrow, May 24, when it should officially unveil the next version of its mobile OS: Windows Phone 7.5, aka Windows Phone Mango.
According to WMPowerUser and an “anonymous” source, Microsoft plans to announce about 9 new Windows Phone devices tomorrow.
It’s said that some of Samsung’s new Windows handsets resemble the Gingerbread-powered Galaxy S II – thus they may be very thin, and have dual-core processors.
As for Windows Phone Mango itself, it looks like it will come with 500 (!) new features – some of which have been already unveiled). All in all, tomorrow should be a big day for Microsoft. Maybe some new Nokia hardware will be announced, too, although I doubt it (since the first Nokia Windows Phone devices won’t be out before the fourth quarter of the year).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Windows Phone Mango handsets from Samsung, HTC and LG expected to arrive in September
- Dell Venue Pro last device to be upgraded to Mango
- Leaked: Dell Lightning with Windows Phone 7; LTE version planned for 2011
- Acer W4 runs Windows Phone Mango, doesn’t impress
- AT&T intros three Windows Phone Mango handsets: HTC Titan, Samsung Focus S and Focus Flash